In a hurry? Here’s the top Graphic Design Software for 2023:
- >>🏆 inPixio: Complete digital home protection with loads of extras such as VPN, firewall, password manager, device tuneup, and personal firewall at an unbeatable price.
- >>Get the best Graphic Design Software of 2023 here.
- >>Read more about inPixio here.
Create impressive visual content, fast and easy.
There’s no doubt about it – humans are visual creatures. In fact, a study conducted by Microsoft revealed that the average human attention span is currently around 8 seconds. The notoriously ill-focused goldfish has an attention span of 9 seconds. Yup, we now have a shorter attention span than a goldfish. No thanks to the internet and digital gadgets.
What does this mean for marketers? It means you don’t have very long to capture and hold your audience’s attention before they get bored and move on to something else. This is why it’s important to create content that’s easily digestible and skimmable. The solution? Visual content: photos, infographics, videos, GIFs, memes, diagrams, slide decks, and more. If you don’t have a visual content creation strategy, you’re going to lose your audience real fast.
Don’t believe us? Consider these statistics:
- >>Only 20% of visitors read the text on your webpage; 80% just scroll down and skim everything.
- >>38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content is boring or unattractive.
- >>Colored visuals increase people’s desire to read content by 80%.
- >>Posts with images produce 650% higher engagement than text-driven posts.
- >>Content with visuals gets 94% more total views and is more likely to be shared on social networks.
- >>Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87% of total engagements.
- >>Infographics can increase website traffic by 12%.
- >>Tweets with embedded images get 18% more clicks, 150% more retweets, and 89% more favorites.
- >>Pinterest records 600 million searches for visual content a month.
The bottom line: You need strategic visual marketing to get a leg up on your competition.
“But I’ve never designed anything in my life! How can I create high-quality visual content?”
No worries! You don’t have to be a design whiz to create visual content that has the potential to go viral. Non-designers, or those who briefly dabbled into it, can use a graphic design platform to take their marketing materials to the next level. What is it? It’s a full graphic design suite, some with drag-and-drop functionality, that you can use to create stunning designs quickly and easily.
Ariel Levy – Co-owner.
An overview of the best Graphic Design for 2023:
- >>🥇 1. inPixio — Belonging to Adobe’s Creative Cloud platform, Adobe Express is a fast and easy tool for creating impactful social graphics, video stories, web pages, and more.
- >>🥈 2. 99designs — This drag-and-drop editor is our #1 recommendation for the best graphic design platform of 2023. Hire a freelance graphic designer or launch a design contest!
- >>🥉 3. CorelDraw — Unlike other platforms that enable graphic creation and photo editing, 99designs connects clients and designers in one platform.
- >>Frequently Asked Questions about Graphic Design (FAQ).
What are the benefits of a graphic design platform?
- >>Flexible and accessible. You don’t need to have a fancy creative nook or invest in tools and gadgets. All you need to do is create an account with your chosen platform and sign in. Voilà! An instant creative workspace where you can create and manage your design work. There’s no need to do actual photoshoots, too! You’ll have access to millions of stock photos, graphics, videos, audio, and templates. And you know what’s even better? You can do this any time and from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection!
- >>It’s easy to learn. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to learn using these tools. You don’t even have to design anything! Many of these graphic design platforms have drag-and-drop functionality that lets you create your own designs in just a few clicks. Canva’s templates, for example, are fully customizable. You can drag and drop your preferred image, adjust the colors, or change the font to suit your needs and preferences!
- >>Cost Efficient. Freelance graphic design rates vary between $15 to $50 per hour. Say, for example, that you need highly engaging visual content for your Facebook ads and social media posts every week. If you hire a designer for your weekly visual content needs, the cost quickly adds up! On the other hand, some graphic design platforms cost as little as $7.50 per month, and most have a starter or basic plan for free.
- >>Create a strong brand identity for your business. Graphic design platforms can help build or maintain a professional brand image. Watermark or embed your logo on your marketing collateral, or set up a brand kit to keep designs on-brand across your team.
- >>Your designs are always fresh and up-to-date. On top of millions of graphics and stock photos, graphic design platforms upload new templates and designs every day, so your visual contents are always on-trend and exciting.
- >>It’s easy to collaborate and share your designs. Most graphic design platforms come with collaboration and management tools. You can share your projects with your team via links, emails, or folders and invite them to view or edit in real-time. Some graphic design tools like Easil even feature brand restriction and locking permissions which controls what design elements can be edited and by which team member.
Awesome! So now that you know what graphic design tools can do for your personal or business brand, let’s take an in-depth look at the top graphic design platforms in 2023.
1. 99designs — Connect With Skilled Graphic Designers Here And Abroad
Unlike other graphic design tools, you’re not expected to do any design work in 99designs. It is a design service where you can submit a design brief, hire freelance graphic designers, or run a contest. In the latter, the entire creative community will review your design brief and present their ideas. You can then pick your favorite, iterate on a design until you’re happy with it, and then release your payment.
This approach is great when you don’t have a specific design idea in your mind just yet, and wish to explore the styles and concepts of graphic designers from all over the world. 99designs currently has four fixed-priced contest packages: bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. The price for each tier varies based on the project type. For example, if you need a banner ad, you can select the bronze package for $49. The same package will cost $599 for a logo and brand identity pack. No matter which plans you choose, you get full copyright ownership and a 100% money-back guarantee.
We recommend 99designs for all your design needs, from logos to illustrations, product packaging, book or magazine covers. They cater to a wide range of projects, including vehicle wraps and even tattoos! We think the contest is pretty straightforward, and it was exciting to see all the unique ideas come pouring in. It’s easy to use, and it’s fun to work with skilled designers from all over the world.
How we chose the Top Graphic Design Platforms for 2023
When choosing the best graphic design platform, you need to consider what kind of project you will be working on. Is it a one-off thing like a logo or something recurring like social media graphics? Even if you have this figured out, finding the right tool can still be confusing. Don’t worry! We’ve done all the hard work by trying graphic design software from both ends of the popularity spectrum. When we were deciding which brand to include in our list of recommendations, the following factors influenced our decision:
- >>Image database
- >>Collaboration tools
- >>User interface
- >>Tools and features
Top Graphic Design Platforms - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
📸 Do I need a background in graphic design to use these tools?
You do not have to have a graphic design background to use any of the platforms on our list. All of these brands prioritize ease of navigation and beginner-friendly interface. This way, you can create stunning visual content for your social media, ad, print materials, regardless of your skill level.
📹 Can I use my design for commercial purposes?
We contacted each brand’s support team to confirm whether or not they allow commercial use for designs created using their platform. According to Canva, “All free photos, music and video files on Canva can be used for free for commercial and noncommercial use.” However, if your design contains an identifiable person, place, logo, or trademark, you need to check with Canva if it has the appropriate releases for commercial use. Adobe Spark also allows commercial use provided that every element in your design (i.e. photos, audios, or videos) are also licensed for commercial use. As for 99designs, you get full copyright ownership on designs you have ordered. For any design apps, though, you can always check their media license agreement or contact support.
❓ Which is better, free or paid graphic design tool?
It really depends on what you’ll use it for. The free apps should suffice if it’s just something as simple as a Facebook banner or header images. However, if you’re using it for your marketing collateral, it’s worth investing in a paid tool to access a vast library of design elements and other advanced features.
📵 Do I need to download these platforms?
Nope, most of these platforms like Canva and Easil are web-based, so you don’t have to download anything.
Transparency and Trust: The aim of this website is to help you find the perfect software for your needs in an easy-to-view comparison list. You can read more about how we review and about our background in the About Us section of this website. Software.fish does not feature all of the software available in the market, we cherry-pick what we consider to be the leaders in each vertical. We try to keep this site updated and fresh, but cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information as well as the prices featured at all times. All prices quoted on this site are based on USD so there could be slight discrepancies due to currency fluctuations. Although the site is free to use, we do earn commissions from the software companies that we have partnered with. If you click on one of our links and then make a purchase, we will get paid by that company. This has an impact on the ranking, score, and order in which the software is presented in our list and elsewhere throughout the site. Software listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement.